Releasing the need to “wear every hat” and “do 100% of the work in my business by MYSELF” has led to more productivity and peace of mind than almost anything else.
I was drawn to multiple income streams from the day I heard of it.
The only problem was that for YEARS after I believed that I had to do 100% of the work in each stream and invest an equal amount of my TIME into each stream.
And what happened was me just stringing along a bunch of “income streams” that really weren’t producing much income at all.
It was when I realized I needed to take ME out of the equation and grow those streams with something other than MY TIME that I actually began to get a few going that continue to grow.
Try to do all the work yourself in ALL your income streams and you won’t be able to stack them up to prosperity.
You’ll have a pile of “opportunities” that are costing you money every month.
LETTING GO OF THE NEED TO CONTROL EVERYTHING
After a while I realized I needed to treat any new income stream as an investor would treat a new investment.
And to me that meant investing my MONEY into it instead of investing ALL MY TIME in it, and finding people I can TRUST to contribute to the growth of new income streams.
You need to be able to trust in the people you work with as PEOPLE, how your GUT feels about them, but you also need to be able to trust the fact that they’ve gotten RESULTS in the past.
It’s not JUST about “you feeling good about them” or not.
They need to have put up results again and again with a consistent record of growth.
When you can find these people, keep them close.
Partner with them.
Work with them.
Contribute to what they’re doing.
Take work off their plate and ask them questions and then RAPIDLY implement what they say to show them you’re a player, not just a spectator, to show that you’re a GIVER, not just a TAKER.
People like this can help you grow your money in automated ways and open up new income streams safely in ways where you’re not needing to go add ANOTHER few hours of work every day just because you added a new income stream.
People you trust + systems you trust + letting go of the need to do 100% of the work YOURSELF = Freedom, passive income, REAL multiple income streams that grow without your direct involvement.
It’s not a BAD thing to have multiple income streams.
But it can be a CATASTROPHIC event when you have multiple FOCUSES in a way that begins to wear you thin.
Less hats = less heaviness.
1. Make a list of your current income streams and be HONEST with yourself about whether they’re actually working or not. Are there some you don’t even feel congruent about? Cut those NOW.
2. Now that you’re looking at what’s left, figure out whether you’re mainly investing your TIME into these income streams or your MONEY. Anything that’s a PURE investment of your time where you’re spreading yourself thin needs to get SWITCHED immediately.
3. Start connecting with the influencers inside of the currently income stream you’re running, and I mean connect with the ones who are growing that stream mainly with MONEY & SYSTEMS vs. working a million hours a week. Get close to these people. Serve them. Ask them questions. IMPLEMENT.
At the event I just went to…I witnessed the rebirth of someone, saw a paradigm shatter that was owning the man’s life for YEARS.
He was in his 60’s and stood up crying, barely able to get his story out that he had lost his job just months earlier and he got so depressed that his kidneys almost shut down and he considered ending it all.
But then I saw him change…
I saw him take in what he just said, REALLY take it in and then release it. And I could tell he let it go because I saw a POWERFUL side of him come out.
The side that went on to say that he was now taking control of his life.
The side that proclaimed in front of EVERYONE that he would NEVER work for anyone else again…
…and that he has been putting in 16 hour days on this current opportunity to ensure his actions match his new conviction…
…to ensure that what he’s doing every day matches his WORD.
I saw that side of him come out.
And that side is there inside of YOU TOO my friend.
It’s the part of you that wants more.
The part of you that knows there’s a bigger game being played.
The part of you that cringes when you catch yourself playing small, preceding a commitment to do things bigger than ever.
YOU need that side of you in full-force…
...and you want to know what?
The WORLD needs that side of you in full-force too.
To hold it back from yourself is to hold back your own greatness and not step into who you could BE, who you really ARE at your core.
And to tap into it is to unlock everything you’ve ever wanted and live life floating a little bit above the ground each day realizing that you’re more powerful than you think you are and capable of GIVING more than you ever thought you could give.
Awaken that side of you my friend.
In many of us…it’s been sitting dormant for FAR too long…
1. Take a second and just sit back, grab a few deep breaths and think about an area or areas of your life where you are suppressing that side of you. When we are honest with ourselves about this, it won’t take TOO long to figure out where we’re suppressing that powerful side of ourselves.
2. Now that you’re looking in the eyes of that side of you that you’ve hidden from the world for far too long, it’s time to ask yourself WHY you’ve hidden it. Did you reveal it to the world before and FAIL? Were you told this side of you was “too much” as you grew up? Analyze WHY you’ve been hiding this side of you even if it takes some time.
3. Make a commitment to allow this side of you to come out fully. It doesn’t mean you’re going to falsely draw it out of yourself, but instead means that if you feel it rising up that you will let it do it’s thing and just observe what’s happening without trying to suppress it or stop it. You’ll be surprised how much you like this new feeling 😉
WHO ARE WE TO PLAY SMALL? Marianne Williamson said “Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world.”
The event (if I can even limit it down to calling it that) I just attended last weekend rocked me, completely changed the way I view myself, the world and how I’m operating in it.
Because it went one level deeper than most do…it went for the beliefs. The very beliefs that are either propelling you forward in business and life or catapulting you backwards away from where you want to go.
(Driveway of the event resort. I love palm trees.)
Your beliefs are either pushing you FORWARD…
…or they’re holding you BACK.
And it’s up to you to figure out what they even ARE in the first place so that you can figure out which are working for you and KEEP THEM and which are working against you and SHED THEM.
Letting go of beliefs that don’t serve you is one of the most powerful things you can ever do for yourself.
It’s a cleansing of everything that is holding you back from revealing your true essence to yourself, one of unlimited power, unlimited potential, unlimited creative energy that you can shine in every direction endlessly forever.
We get away from all of that when we get stuck in our limiting beliefs…and I discovered some HEAVY ones of mine at this event (AWOL’s #AWAKEN) that rocked me to my core.
My BIGGEST was a subconscious MASSIVE fear of failure in public in front of an audience of millions, and because of that fear I’d been doing things to hold myself back from getting enough success to be recognized by such an audience.
Kind of crazy when I got down to it…
I was telling a friend this on the phone today and he said that even if I ended up flaming out in some catastrophic meltdown at a multi-million dollar level…the percentage of people who would even NOTICE would be slim to none.
Once I found out this belief was even THERE it lost a LOT of power. The awareness is step one, and digging into the belief BEHIND the belief is step two, figuring out what the SUPPORTING belief is that gives that first one life.
And for me I had linked those “future massive failures” to a loss of love, from the marketplace, from my peers, from the people I looked up to, from everyone around me.
Intense realization right?
But again…ONCE I SAW IT FOR WHAT IT WAS it lost a LOT of it’s power and all of the sudden many things made sense.
I saw where I self-sabotaged my own GROWTH…
I saw where I held myself back EVERYWHERE…
And I knew for the first time WHY I did it…
That inward look is one of the most powerful things you can ever do for yourself my friend, to get clear on your beliefs so you can water the ones that serve you and set fire to those that don’t.
You’re in charge of them.
Don’t let THEM be in charge of YOU 😉
1. Look at the different areas of your life (health, wealth, relationships, spiritual connection, etc.) and figure out what you desire most in every category. Work to get clearer and clearer on this every single day.
2. When you look at your “big scary goal” in each category, start analyzing the beliefs and voices that come up in your head. Write them down. Which ones serve you? Which ones work against you? Get to know them! You’ve been living with them for quite some time and they’ll RUN YOUR LIFE if YOU don’t take charge.
3. Joining a community of people who are on the same mission as you to obtain peace of mind and design the lifestyle of their dreams is one of the EASIEST ways to help your beliefs melt away in the past. Check out our training below about becoming a freelance digital marketer and we’ll not only tell you how to make money from anywhere in the world, but we’ll show you how to join that very community TODAY to dig in with your new tribe.